Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Life is an interesting journey.

Hey there Lovers, Happy Wednesday! I'm writing to you from my cozy New York City apartment and I have to say, it feels good to be home. I'm still getting adjusted to New York time but I'm not quite there, this morning I was awake at 4:30am, that's never fun. Being back home I am able to do the things I love most which are; going to my local Starbucks where everyone knows my name and my coffee order, running at Clove Lakes Park, going to Barnes and Noble where I can sit and read for hours. Those are just some of the things I've been missing and will take advantage of while I'm home for three weeks.

Since it's the manfriend's and my first Christmas in our apartment I am making it my job to have it looking like a winter wonderland. Even though Kyle will not be home Christmas Day, he will be home a few days after so I want it to be magical for him. (Yes, I'm corny, get over it!) I've began decorating our place, not going
overboard but making it feel Christmassy. Tonight I am going to pick out our first tree and even though I wish my guy was here to do it with me, I promise to make it amazing for us.

Today I will leave you with a quote and I apologize for the lack of quotes lately. Yesterday, while perusing Facebook I saw a quote one of my friends posted and I absolutely loved it. It's about life and what we all go through, the ups and downs, the road blocks we face along our path, and the challenges we are faced with daily.




I think back to October when I was leaving to live in France, I was so nervous, I knew the challenges I was going to face, being homesick, missing family, not working but here I am two months later writing to you letting you know that I've survived those obstacles. Even last week while in France, I was so homesick and it was a challenge but we must know every challenge can be overcome, every brick wall can be broken down. Through these challenges you learn who you are, you discover a voice within that is a lot stronger then you think. Trust the process, life isn't perfect, you will have a crappy day or week or month but you will get through it and it will help you on your path to becoming the best you.

Enjoy!

Life is an interesting journey, you never know where it will take you. Peaks and valleys, twists and turns, you can get the surprise of your life. Sometimes on the way to where you are going you might think, this is the worst time in my life. But you know what, at the end of the road, through all the adversity, if you can get where you wanted to be, you remember whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all the adversity was worth it...
-Unknown Author

Best,
Meggie




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs